I owe readers emails and I have a number of drafts waiting to be completed and published. And I have not been updating when there are quite a number of things to update, wedding-wise. I’m not sure why I ran out of blogging steam, and I am not even sure when my next post would be, but in the midst of trying to clean my room (yet again) I got to thinking about the many things I need to do and how much time I have left.
yesterday two days ago (14 September 2013), I have exactly 13 weeks left to my wedding.
That means I have 12 weekends to settle whatever it is that I need to settle for the wedding, and life after it. That equals to 24 full days, although I would have more full days towards the start of November, when my long break from work starts.
Ok breathe Zakiah, breathe.
That means a to-do list is in order, in no particular order:
1. Scarves: Wash whichever I need to wash (I think I have over 100 of them in total – I’m actually a little scared to count), decide which to keep or throw away / sell / give away.
2. Home tees & pants: Sort which are appropriate to wear as a newly-wed staying over at her in-laws, discard the comfy-but-falling-apart ones. Wait, keep as rags to wipe down the future place would be a better idea.
3. Work / going out clothes: sort the ones to keep, or add to the throw away / sell / give away pile
4. Sell or give away clothes / scarves / bags (would any of you readers respond to a Pengantin Pelik Pre-Loved Pasar post?)
5. Wedding invites: contact Dyan of Card Maison, discuss colour scheme and design.
6. Venue decor: compile design inspiration, email decorator, schedule meeting
7. Catering: contact caterer, get that deposit transferred already!
8. Wedding gift trays decor (gubahan): compile design inspiration, print, consider DIY with A’s help instead of outsourcing
9. Table centrepiece – DIY: compile design inspiration, survey cost of materials, buy, start!
10. Bridal room decor – DIY: consider painting wardrobe doors & buying 2nd hand dresser, buy curtains and bedsheet (look out for expo / department store sales!)
11. Bridal makeup trial: schedule trials with both bridal makeup artist, compile hijab style inspiration, print
12. Photography & videography: schedule meeting, come up with songlist and scenes-photographer-should-shoot list
13. Guestbook / guest wishes-with-a-twist-idea: compile ideas, consider approaching AS for help?
14. Signage & menu label: compile design inspiration, survey frame prices, source for easel, do mockup
15. Room: sort stuff, get rid of / hide away stuff, organise stuff!
Any idea which one I had better start on first and which one is safe to leave to later like 2 weeks before the wedding?